Tuesday, June 9, 2015

All White Everything!

I put this outfit together from the Akira collection

Never have I ever, worn all white.  So, I promised myself that for my 30th I would rock an all white fit. It was comfortable and for me the pop of red in the lip and the shoe topped it off.  When I think of all white I envision Mary J. Blige and Lisa Ray.  Both tend to go for sophisticated yet sexy styles and that was the image I wanted to portray for the evening. My number 1 rule of thumb, KEEP IT CLASSY!

Sexy is not about what you expose and how much of it you expose. Sexy is what you exude and how you carry yourself. It's fun to show skin but you have to portion it out.  The way I see it, if you're going to show cleavage cover the midsection and wear a decent length skirt (knee length or longer).   If you're serving legs then cover the cleavage.  The idea is not to show too much at one time.  A couple peek-a-boos won't hurt anybody but showing the whole shebang can take you from sexy, classy and sophisticated to raunchy and get you called a THOT real quick!


Not sure if you caught Beyonce's 2015 Met Gala look...who am I kidding, I'm sure you caught her sheer look because she pretty much broke the internet.  I'm sure she also broke a few necks and some suffered from whiplash or rubbernecker syndrome as she strolled by on the red carpet.  Sheer is definitely in, but I do think there's a line that can be crossed and she crossed it and then came back and crossed it again! My look blends the all white and sheer concept and still leaves something to the imagination.

Here's my other stab at the sheer.  Guess what bargain shopper got this hot mama sheer dress for $30 bucks! Me, me, me!



No comments:

Post a Comment