Thursday, September 17, 2015

#Patterns: One Style Does Fit All


When choosing a look I generally try to draw up some celebrity inspiration.  Anytime my look involves wearing patterns I always think "Solange".  Solange Knowles is known for her bold and daring style, with or without the fro! Her soulful looks range from 70's chic to what I call futuristic overdrive.

Although her looks can be over the top, Solange works whatever she has on, because she oozes
confidence and owns it, from her free flowing tight coils to the platform stacks on her feet.  I've heard
people say, "patterns aren't for me" - well, I disagree.  Patterns are what you make them and it totally makes sense to gradually introduce them into your wardrobe.  



First, start with the basics, try a patterned blouse or jacket paired with a solid skirt or pants.


On your next attempt go the distance and try a full printed dress.


Another option, if you'd rather keep it fashionably casual, opt for a one piece jumpsuit!


Now before the critics start talking, I know for a fact there's somebody out there saying, "prints are for skinny girls." I know somebody's thinking it because when I was 25 lbs heavier, I said it lol. After really doing some investigating I realized it's not the pattern that creates unflattering outfits, it's all about THE CUT. Patterns need structure otherwise you can appear to drown in them or they can be straight up overwhelming. It's also probably a good thing to keep everything else basic like jewelry, shoes and even your hairstyle and color.  It always goes back to understanding your body and accentuating your best features.  Here are some great examples of Kasey slaying patterns!  If you like these looks visit her page Kasey Curves Boutique.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment