Monday, January 19, 2015

Mr. Party Bus Limousine - Chicago

Now let me just say, the task of planning your significant other's 30th birthday is not easy.  There is so much freaking pressure, especially when you have to outdo the last couple of birthdays that far exceeded their expectations.

After slyly throwing out different concepts (gun range, brewery tours and Bulls game) and having them all politely shut down, I decided my husband didn't really know what the hell he wanted so I'd be better off figuring it out on my own.  After weeks of searching Groupon (hopefully by now yall have noticed I don't like paying full price for anything) and entering numorous Google searches for "30th birthday party ideas" I came across Mr. Party Bus Limousines.

The Groupon provided an intriguing deal so I looked further and noticed the premium 26 seater came with great features. I'm talking about:
  • Flatscreen TV
  •  Bar
  •  Great sound system to hook up your iPad/phone/CDs
  •  Awesome lighting
  •  Poll
  •  Plush seating
  •  Privacy glass
Check it out, and it looked exactly like this on the bus!

So, I told my husband we were going to a club to do bottle service. I could totally tell he hated the idea but that's of course what made this surprise hilarious. We walked out of his dad's crib after a quaint family birthday dinner and to his total surprise this beauty pulled up bumping some classic R.Kelly, with the lights down low, cups, ice,water and chasers on deck! All I had to do was bring the alcohol and the people. Drink what you want, and party with who you want, bam! That's my husband's kind of night lol.

Little did he know, I had set up a FB group and invited his closest friends to participate in the surprise! We stopped at three locations and at each one a handful of his friends hopped on the bus. It was exciting seeing his face light up ever time someone stepped aboard. I know turnup is so overused but I really can't think of any other word to describe the fun we had....so I'll give you a glimpse.






So, let me get to it, because this is actually supposed to be less about my hubby's birthday and more about experiencing THE BEST service I have had in a very long time. The owner Michael Bogan aka Mr. Party Bus was polite, professional and extremely considerate since the day he picked up the phone! He showed genuine interest in the occasion, he was very understanding and patient when my card declined 4 times while trying to pay the deposit.  SN: Yes, Chase I'm blowing up your spot,, since you decided to send me a new card and cancel my old one even though I hadn't reactivated it yet, who does that? smh. Anyway, Mike was not rude about it, he ran the card a few times and waited for me to call Chase to figure it all out. He didn't assume I couldn't pay or make me feel embarrassed at all, he actually told me it's happen to him before, making the awkward moment more pleasant for me.

He called me the day of to ask if I was excited and had everything together.  He joked about those that dropped out last minute and made me feel confident I made the right choice and that the party would be banging regardless.  Right before pickup he called to tell me he would be 8 minutes late because he was in traffic and arrived exactly 8 minutes later. On the bus, we received the same awesome treatment, he helped me hook up the sounds, spoke to everyone on the bus, I mean everyone had amazing things to say about him.

A business really is as good as its owner and Mike over delivered on my expectations. And to think, I almost let someone's opinion make me second guess my choice in vendor because THEY feared it being a black owned business it would be bootleg and unprofessional. Oh and by the way, this was the opinion of a black person, smh.  I am so glad they were wrong and I can confidently recommend this company to every and anybody that will listen.

That's exactly what my blog is truly about, debunking myths and stereotypes about our people! We don't hear enough positive things about our business owners and we have examples of great ones all around us. If you ever want to have a good time "Riding Around and Getting It" make sure you call the best party bus vendor in Chicago, Mr. Party Bus Limousine!


No comments:

Post a Comment