Wednesday, May 13, 2015

U-part Wig and Closure Tutorial (No Leave Out)

I'm actually surprised at how many women still leave out their hair when installing a weave, especially if they are natural. I do get that there's more versatility in styling but I hate to see the breakage they suffer due to the constant straightening of that one section of hair.

Whoever invented the closure was a genius! I still can't understand why I didn't think of it first! A closure gives you the option of protecting all your hair while still rocking a "natural" looking weave...meaning a weave with a part.  If you really want to wear a weave to promote growth, you'll want to install a u-part wig and closure.

The wig is a nice option because you don't have to necessarily sew the tracks to your hair, you can use wig clips to fasten the wig. This means there is no pulling on your braids when combing or brushing the extensions.  The other pro, is that you can remove the wig very easily to take down your braids and wash your hair, especially if you use the elastic band method for securing your lace closure (I'll do a tutorial on that at another time). In this video, I'll show you the sew down method, where I sew down the closure and partially sew down the u- part.

The dynamic duo has completely changed the game.  It's much simpler if you feel compelled to do your own sew-in.

Watch and leave comments or questions below! Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment