Monday, November 2, 2015

From Drab to Fab! Just like that!



One thing that is very unique to black women is we always have to have a hair plan!  

  • Going to the islands with sand, dirt and large bodies of water?  Oh okay, let me put these box braids in real quick!
  • Celebrating a big birthday, wedding or graduation ceremony?  Oh okay, let me do this sew-in real quick!
  • Going to a festival, concert or day party?  Oh let me do this bantu knot out real quick
LOL. Yasss!  This is my life and I'm sure a whole lot of other black women are nodding in agreement right now.  People of other races are always asking me at work why I change my hair up so much and I just think to myself, "Because I have a life!"  I kid you not, the other day a lady asked me (jokingly, well at least I think she was joking) "Are you in a witness protection program?"  Oh no she didn't! Like, I cannot make this stuff up if I wanted to!

If only they knew changing my hair up based on where I'm going is totally a part of our survival strategy in this world.  I'm like the Stone Fish, The Ghost Mantis, The Chameleon - I live to adapt. Well, I live to ensure my hair adapts to wherever I visit or what event I attend.

Now, for the very rare occasions when I'm just too lazy to lift a finger to this head of thick, kinky hair, I opt for a quick fix.  With a custom crochet wig I can go from drab to fab with the snap of my fingers.  Ladies, I suggest always keeping one around because you never know when you'll need something quick to throw on...and yes, I'm still talking about hair, LOL.

In the meantime, while I continue to work on launching my mobile salon I'm going to start making wigs and selling them on my website www.chopchopmobile.com.  Stay tuned to see what styles will be available first!  In the meantime, if you're brave enough (hehehe) watch my Youtube tutorial below and learn how to make your own crochet wig today !




No comments:

Post a Comment