Saturday, March 14, 2015

But I Will be Fine, Fierce & Fabulous in the Process!



Kasey Jones
Kasey Jones
My morning routine: open one eye, peek to see if the sun has risen before I have, grab my phone off the night stand and do a quick scroll through my FB timeline (Mark Zuckerberg's dream right lol).

I know sometimes my FB posts are rants about all the posts I see filled with drama and stupid fight videos but I have to say for the most part my friends are great sources of motivation for me.  I thrive off other people's energy. In my opinion, one of the keys to personal success is the ability to compartmentalize. Now this word sometimes gets a bad rep, but think about it, the definition of this psychological term is that it is a defense mechanism, essentially a way to cope. Meaning despite an internal conflict you may be having you can still go about your day, fulfilling your obligations as a parent, student, employee, husband or wife - you get my drift?

Anyways, I'm scrolling and I come across my friend Kasey's timeline, who I met while working at DeVy University several years back. It's funny, I think about our first interactions and how passionate she was about everything! Whether it was enrolling students into school, talking about her shoe addiction or setting people straight (she does not play lol).

Despite Kasey's size 24 frame you'd never know if she was insecure with her weight or not because she was always smiling, very outspoken and came to work runway ready. Check the pics, this girl knows how to dress! (You cute boo!) Honestly, I never thought twice about her size because she never made it an issue, never used it as an excuse and quite frankly never brought it up.  If she did feel a certain way she compartmentalized her emotions allowing herself to still LIVE. Not once do I remember her saying I'm too big for... or I wish I was skinny so I could wear...

I get so tired of people complaining about what they "can't do" because this and that, especially when it comes to feeling good about yourself. Weight is not an excuse to not showcase your best you at all
times and neither is lack of money (which I hear all the time too). If you want to loose weight accept that it's a process and it takes time, but damn it that doesn't  mean you can't be fine, fierce and fabulous during the process!

To date Kasey has lost 91 lbs. in 2 years! From a size 24 to14 and she's still going, while motivating folks on her journey. To see more of Kasey's fabulous looks be sure to "Like" her fb page Kasey Curves Boutique and stay tuned for her upcoming business venture, which I'll give you a little hint, it
has to do with fashion!




No comments:

Post a Comment