Sunday, November 9, 2014

Plus Size or Nah?

Nah!
I won't post statistics often (I was never really great at math) but sometimes numbers speak louder than words. According to businessinsider.com, "the average American woman now wears a size 14." Yes folks, 67 percent of the population wears between a size 16 to 34. Maybe now you see where my "nah" comes from. I don't understand the term "plus size" because if average is "plus" why do we separately categorize this segment of people when they are the majority? Okay, I'm sure you see where I'm going with this lol...let me get off my soapbox!

So, what are you going to do with this information? Yes, you! the full-figured, curvy, voluptuous woman that thinks you can't "look good," "dress up"or put effort into shopping or getting dressed because you are not a size 8 or smaller.  Sorry, if you thought I was going to feel sorry for you or encourage you to wait until you lose weight before embracing your personal style, then you got me all wrong! No matter what size you are you can find beautiful, hip and trendy pieces to wear.  Does it take effort? Absolutely. Time? Of course. Patience? Undoubtly. But it takes all of this when I go shopping and I'm a size 8!

So here's a little motivation and inspiration for you.  Checkout my favorite full figured model, Francesca Jeanette (who just happens to be one of my besties) in the pics below.  You can't tell me she doesn't exude confidence and rock her curvy frame. Visit stores like Ashley Stewart, Torrid and Forever 21 to get similar looks.







No comments:

Post a Comment